Construction Defect Defense Litigation
Estate Planning & Probate
Brent F. Basilico focuses his practice on construction defect defense litigation, mechanics liens, stop notices, business litigation and transactions, tax litigation (representing clients in tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board), estate planning, probate, and the defense of California licensed professionals before administrative agencies. Mr. Basilico primarily represents large to medium size general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers, service organizations, financial institutions, and individuals.
Mr. Basilico is experienced in all aspects of civil litigation and administrative hearing practice. He has served as first and second chair counsel in numerous court and jury trials, with very favorable results for his clients.
Mr. Basilico has primarily represented clients in the Superior Court of California, Counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Los Angeles, Orange, Sacramento, San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Diego, and Solano; and before the California Department of Consumer Affairs. He has also represented plaintiffs and defendants in bankruptcy adversary proceedings and numerous creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California. Mr. Basilico is also admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court, and he has argued before the Court of Appeal of the State of California, Second Appellate District.
- LL.M., Taxation, Golden Gate University, School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D., Quinnipiac University, School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- M.B.A., National University, San Diego, California
- B.S., Business Administration/Management
- A.S., Aircraft Accessory Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
- State Bar of California (Admitted in December 1998.)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
- U.S. District Court, Central District, Eastern District, Northern, Southern District, California
- U.S. Tax Court